What effective use do you make of the status update in social media? I’m speaking of that opportunity to let us all know (briefly) that you are still alive.
For an unemployed person, this is a golden opportunity. I think you should keep telling us you are doing something fascinating with your time. Try something like this:
- Just finished an online course in basic proofreading and am ready to tackle a new project.
- Am currently processing registrations for the regional (…..) conference. Hope to see you there!
- Participating on a committee for the neighborhood block party. We are currently looking for a sign language interpreter for the afternoon.
These statements seem to be vastly preferable to the following, which I often see:
- I’m unemployed – anyone have any leads for me?
- Hoping to be in touch with a recruiter in the field of engineering.
What about you? I’d love to hear about status updates that resulted in someone reaching out to you in a productive way.